We're havin' a heat wave. It was 100 degrees today in sunny Sacramento. A few leaves have started changing color, but this isn't like October is meant to be.
Here's a plug for the pass-along cards that you'll find in this month's ENSIGN. Put them in your purses and/or pockets, then remember that you have them. Given the political climate, it's easy to say to people, "If you're interested in learning more about the Mormon Church, you could visit this website." No pressure...just free information. Missionaries use them all the time. Make sure your kids have some, too. I'd be disappointed if I thought that those cool cards weren't being utilized.
This may come as a surprise to missionary moms. A package arrived addressed to an elder and decorated with colored paper leaves for autumn. Several other elders picked up the package and made such comments as, "Wow, this elder's mom really cares about him," or "This guy must be pretty special." I told them I was surprised that they even noticed, much less appreciated the effort. They assured me that they would love to get a fun package like that. So, for what it's worth...
Another elder had to go home for medical reasons. This was an injury he sustained in a YM/YW basketball game. I've been surprised at the number of medical issues that have arisen. I'm also surprised at the number of fender benders that have occurred. But I remind myself that we are dealing with over 200 teens and young adults.
One of the new office elders is a cocky, fun-loving computer head (and I say that in the most loving way). He reminds me of Adam. The office sister in Adam's mission gave up and went home early (Adam disclaims any credit). I'm trying not to be so entertained by this elder, who shall remain nameless in case he hacks into my blog, that I encourage his antics.
Next blog I'll share some more serious moments. There really are great things happening here.
No comments:
Post a Comment