Quilt Background

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

SUMMERTIME NOW

Today's temps are in the 80's.  The convertibles all have their tops down (sigh).  But the flip side is that the AC has been turned on--in the office, the library, retail stores, etc.  Gimme a break.

Today was the longest day of the whole mission, and crushingly boring. I would love to work hard until the end, but I don't have enough work to do all the time.  Today was one of those days.  It doesn't help that the elders hangin' around the office aren't as much fun as in times past.  The two office elders are sweet and helpful, but they're computer nerds, which I say with all the love in my heart.  Even the new AP is pretty serious and strait-laced.  I miss "No Bones" Henderson and Elder "I didn't meant to run over your leg" Walker.

Last night's RS birthday celebration featured a swap meet.  There was some high-end stuff there, including an American Girl doll.  (Sorry, granddaughters, but another grandma elbowed me out of the way.  I had my badge on, after all, and couldn't be too competitive.)  It was a good chance for me to unload some stuff that I don't want to bring home:  books I've read and quilt projects I brought but haven't got around to quilting.  But guess what I came home with?  Quilting books.

Remember I told you, Ben, that when the city dismantles my mailbox, I want a new one and not the old one replanted.  I saw a cute one the other day that I think we should do.  Go ahead and get started on it, if you want to, but don't use my cruiser....


We're already seeing some effects of having younger missionaries in the field.  One young elder was handed the keys to a new car when he arrived a few weeks ago.  He's had two accidents in 11 days.  In his defense, he stated at the outset that he really didn't want to drive.  Now he doesn't have to.  

Nothing else to share.  As I said, a boring week.  




No comments:

Post a Comment