Quilt Background

Saturday, March 23, 2013

WEEKEND OF THE ARTS

Last night we had dinner in a French bistro--one of the best meals I've had in this area.  Brooke had tickets for TAMING OF THE SHREW.  Imagine our surprise when Petruchio blew into Padua on a Harley, and Bianca's successful suitor, Lucentio, was a woman.  As I think about it, I don't think the Bard would have found much objection to the production, bawdy as he most likely was.

This morning Sister Thompson and I hit the Expo Center for the quilt and sewing exhibition.  It was great; I wish we'd had more time to spend.  But we were meeting the Cherringtons and the Downses for another theater production:  this one CHILDREN OF EDEN.  We received a flyer and special discount coupon at the office, probably because of our church listing.  It was regional theater with a cast of 90+, including small children.  But the leads were amazing, and I enjoyed it more than I did Shakespeare.  Great day.

Tomorrow Dallin Oakes speaks at stake conference; then there's an interfaith Easter concert at Folsom High.


No comments:

Post a Comment